Detailed description of the project
The overall objective of this assignment is to carry out a Baseline Study that will help to better understand the current situation of the climate services landscape in the regions, and establish feasible targets that will assist in tracking the changes in the mid-term and end of the project implementation period. The Baseline Study, at the beginning of the programme, is expected to determine the state of climate services production and delivery in the regions, as well as the application, utilisation and evaluation of the users’ outcomes, due to the uptake of the climate information and services.
- Assess the level of interaction between the users, researchers and climate services providers in ACP regions;
- Assess the level and the initial category of the provision of climate services at Regional and National level;
- Assess the level of accessibility, availability, reliability and trust of and to Climate Information;
- Assess the initial level of capacity to generate, apply, utilize and evaluate users’ outcomes from the climate information and products uptake, relevant to particular concerns in the OACPS region; and
- Assess the initial level of the use of climate-informed decision-making process and tools and the climate services mainstreaming into policy processes at regional and national levels.
Nature and Scope of Services Provided
The Baseline Study shall be undertaken as a desk review drawing from, inter alia, the reports and strategic documents.
The study will include interviews with all relevant stakeholders and where possible and appropriate it can include travel to the regions for verification purposes.
i) Collect baseline data to establish status quo in the year referring to the
ii) Document Existing Information to support target setting