Detailed description of the project
The overall objective of the support project of which this contract will be a part is to support the beneficial integration of the Guyanese economy into the regional and the global economy by effectively facilitating the development of the services sector and thereby contribute to sustainable economic development and poverty reduction.
In the context of supporting Guyana to reap the economic and trade benefits of developing its services sector, the purpose of the support project is two-fold:
- Purpose 1: The development of a National Strategy to promote the development of the services sector and guide the trade in services policy agenda;
- Purpose 2: To capacitate the Bureau of Statistics and the Bank of Guyana to regularly compile and update the trade in services statistics.
Nature and scope of the services provided
The Project will utilize the services of a team of experts to provide a range of highly specialized technical services to the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Bureau of Statistics and the Bank of Guyana. These services involve:
- Consultations with the key government institutions and the business community during implementation of this project;
- Provision of capacity building services as stipulated in these Terms of Reference;
- For the sustainability of the project’s interventions and impact, provision of advice on plausible partnerships with European and Global Development Partners and trade support institutions with similar mission and competencies; and
- Preparation of technical reports and targeted outputs in the areas covered by these Terms of Reference.